Chemical Reactions Homework Problem Set
This problem set was developed by S.E. Van Bramer for Chemistry 145 at Widener University.
- Balance the following equations. Give the names of the reactants and the products:
- LiOH (s) + H2SO4 (aq) --> H2O (l) + Li2SO4 (aq)
- Mg(OH)2 (aq) + H3PO4 (l) --> Mg3(PO4)2 (aq) + H2O (l)
- CH4 (g) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g)
- C8H18 (l) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g)
- NaCl (aq) + AgNO3 (aq) --> AgCl (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- CH3COOH (aq) + NaHCO3 (s) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (l) + NaCH3COO (aq)
- Balance the following equations. Determine the molecular formula and the molecular weight of each species.
- Nitrogen monoxide reacts with ozone (trioxide) to produce nitrogen dioxide and oxygen molecules.
- Iron (III) oxide reacts with zinc metal to produce iron metal and zinc (II) oxide.
- Hydrobromic acid reacts with aluminum metal to produce hydrogen gas and aluminum bromide.
Please send comments or suggestions to email@example.com
Scott Van Bramer
Department of Chemistry
Chester, PA 19013
© copyright 1996, S.E. Van Bramer
This page has been accessed
times since 1/5 /96 .
Last Updated: Saturday, May 18, 1996