Stoichiometry Homework Problem Set
This problem set was developed by S.E. Van Bramer for Chemistry 145 at Widener University.
- Balance the following equations. Give the names of the reactants and the products. Given 10.0 grams of each reactant. How many grams of each product could be produced? What is the total mass of reactants and products when the reaction is complete?
- LiOH (s) + H2SO4 (aq) --> H2O (l) + Li2SO4 (aq)
- Mg(OH)2 (aq) + H3PO4 (l) --> Mg3(PO4)2 (aq) + H2O (l)
- CH4 (g) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g)
- C8H18 (l) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g)
- NaCl (aq) + AgNO3 (aq) --> AgCl (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- CH3COOH (aq) + NaHCO3 (s) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (l) + NaCH3COO (aq)
- Balance the following equations. Starting with 25.0 grams of each reactant, how many grams of each product could be produced? What is the total mass of reactants and products when the reaction is complete?
- Nitrogen monoxide reacts with ozone (trioxide) to produce nitrogen dioxide and oxygen molecules.
- Iron (III) oxide reacts with zinc metal to produce iron metal and zinc (II) oxide.
- Hydrobromic acid reacts with aluminum metal to produce hydrogen gas and aluminum bromide.
Please send comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Van Bramer
Department of Chemistry
Chester, PA 19013
© copyright 1996, S.E. Van Bramer
This page has been accessed
times since 1/5 /96 .
Last Updated: Sunday, August 18, 1996 4:24:52 PM