January 2001 Meeting Announcement, Delaware Valley Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group
- Topic: "Understanding Polymer MALDI"
- Speaker: Scott D. Hanton (Corporate Analytical Department, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.) and Kevin G. Owens (Chemistry Department, Drexel University)
- Date: Monday, January 8, 2001. 7:00 PM
- Time: Social Hour: 7:00 PM.
Talk: 7:30 PM.
- Place: Merck, West Point, 37 Auditorium
- Abstract: Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI) mass spectrometry has become an important analytical tool for polymer materials. Despite its widespread use to characterize polymer repeat units, end groups and molecular weight distributions, much of the underlying science has not been heavily investigated. This talk will explore the roles of the matrix and how the matrix assists the mass spectrometry of polymer analytes. The goal is to show how the sample preparation for polymer MALDI can be understood and manipulated to optimize the analysis.
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to
This page has been accessed
times since 9/15 /96 .
Last Updated Monday, December 18, 2000 1:23:51 PM