February 2003 Meeting Announcement, Delaware Valley Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group
- Topic: "Electrospray and Nobel Laureate John B. Fenn"
- Speaker:Dr. Chin-Kai Meng, Agilent Technologies
- Date: Monday, February 10, 2003. 6:30 PM
- Time: Social Hour: 6:30 PM. (Pizza and Beer)
Talk: 7:30 PM.
- Place: Widener University, University Center, Room C.
- Abstract: Rather than discuss the fundamentals of electrospray ionization, this presentation will honor Prof. Fenn's achievement and share his stories. The content will include his bibliography milestones, his lab in the 80's, and the people connected with the ESI research. Pictures from Dr. Fenn's Nobel speech and the award ceremony will also be included.
- Bio: The speaker was one of Prof. Fenn's Yale graduate students who worked on Electrospray Ionization MS in the 80's. He and other former graduate students attended the Nobel Award Ceremony with him last month. Chin-Kai Meng received his Chemical Engineering doctorate in 1988 from Yale University. He has been a Visiting Scientist for DuPont Central Research and Development (1988-1990) and is currently an Applications Chemist for Agilent in Wilmington, Delaware.
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to
This page has been accessed
times since 9/15 /96 .
Last Updated 1/14/2003