June 2017 Meeting Announcement, Joint Meeting of the Delaware Valley Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group and Chromatography Forum of the Delaware Valley
- Topic: "Interrogation of PTMs in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii via MS-based Proteomics Approaches
- Speaker:Professor Leslie M. Hicks, University of North Carolina, Chemistry
- Date: Thursday, June 15, 2017. 5:30 PM
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday June 13. Please indicate in your RSVP IF you plan on presenting a poster at the meeting.
- Time: Social Hour/poster session: 6:00 PM.
Dinner/poster session 6:30 PM
Talk: 7:30 PM.
- Place: Department of Chemistry, Villanova University (Mendel Hall 154)
- Abstract: The ability to exquisitely differentiate biological molecules dictating metabolism and its underlying biochemistry is a challenging and meaningful endeavor, as it underpins both fundamental biological research and applied bioengineering. With an interest in extending biological frontiers using advanced technologies, my laboratory aims to establish methods, methodologies, and concepts to set the foundation for clever, practical, and meaningful applications of mass spectrometry in addressing and answering important biological questions. The seminar will focus on our progress in the elucidation of post-translational modifications, specifically on developing and implementing methods for the identification and characterization of thiol-based regulatory switches as well as phosphorylation in Chlamydomonas.
Dr. Hicks received her B.S. in Chemistry at Marshall University (summa cum laude) and Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign where she was the recipient of an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. She was an Assistant Member and Principal Investigator at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center and an adjunct professor in the Department of Biology at Washington University in St. Louis prior to assuming her current role as an assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry at UNC. Research in the Hicks lab focuses on development and implementation of mass spectrometric approaches for protein characterization including post-translational modifications, as well as the identification of bioactive peptides/proteins from plants.
- Sponsor: This month's meeting is sponsored by Agilent Technologies. A company representative will be present to discuss their products for chromatography and mass spectrometry. For more information, contact: www.Agilent.com
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to
This page has been accessed
times since 9/15 /96 .
Last Updated 2/21/2017