Solutions of acids and bases
This page generates problems involving acids and bases. In order to use the page, you need a
table of acid/base Ks. To start,press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
If the acid/base species listed is not in your table, press "New Problem " again. Otherwise, determine the value of the
answer, enter it in the cell and press "Check Answer". This page assumes that you can perform the basic calculations on acid/base solutions and its may aim is to demonstrate fully the other aspects, such as percent ionization of such solutions. If you are still having difficulty calculating [H+] for acetic acid solutions, you should return to the pages that only perform that provide that type of problem. Results appear in the table.
- To begin-press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
- You can display a table of ionization constants by pressing the "Show Constants" button.
- Put the correct value into the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- If you use scientific notation enter the number is the form 2.3e5.
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the second table.
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will cause the complete solution to appear and you will no longer be able to submit an answer for the problem.