Mass Percent Composition
- To begin-press "New Compound" and a chemical formula will appear to the right of the table.
- Calculate the mass percents for all of the elements and enter them in the cells.
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the table.
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your
- For ease of presentation, all masses are presented to four significant figures, even though the gaws are often known to greater precision than that. Percents are also presented to three significant figures.
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will display the complete solution and you will no longer be able submit an answer for that problem.