Lecture 19, Limiting Reagent
- Zn (s) + 2 HCl (g) -> Zn2+ (aq) + H2 (g) + 2 Cl1- (aq)
- Limiting Reagent Video (CD-ROM
Internet© Saunders, 1997)
- Example Problem
- 10.0 grams of hydrogen gas reacts with 10.0 grams of oxygen gas to produce water.
- determine the limiting reagent
- calculate the final mass
- If only 10.58 g of H2O is produced, what is the percent yield?
This page is maintained by
Scott Van Bramer
Department of Chemistry
Chester, PA 19013
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page has been accessed 2307 times since 1/5 /96 .
Last Updated 11/1/02