Lecture 5, Conversions
- Roll Call
Conversions with Graphs
For the following, create a graph and then determine the equation of the line.
- Inches to Centimeters with a graph, given:
- 0 inches = 0 cm
- 1 inch = 2.45 cm
- Farenheit to Centigrade with a graph, given:
- 0 Centigrade = 32 Farenheit
- 37 Centigrade = 98.6 Farenheit
- 100 Centigrade = 212 Farenheit
Now use the graph and the equation to do several conversions, compare your answers.
- Convert the speed of light from 2.99x108 m s-1 to miles per hour.
- Convert the speed of sound from 740 miles per hour to m s-1
This page is maintained by
Scott Van Bramer
Department of Chemistry
Chester, PA 19013
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page has been accessed 4580 times since 1/5 /96 .
Last Updated 11/1/02