Chapter 1 WWW Links
- Plagiarism. Essay on plagiarism, this is important. If you have questions about what is appropriate, ask. Don't cross this line!
- Study Tips. This is a transcript from a series of interviews and workshops with successful students from Chemistry 145.
Solving. This is some excellent advice about problem solving in general chemistry. It shows an approach to setting up and solving problems that will be very valuable in this course. You will be solving much more complex problems than you are used to, this framework will help you sort through these problems and successfully find a solution.
- Old Exam. This is a copy of an old exam that I gave in Chem 145. It is not the same as your exam will be. It is intended only to give you an idea of how I format exams.
Table. This is a copy of the periodic table that will be available during exams. Get to know it.
- NIST, National Institute of Standards and Technology. NIST is a part of the department of Commerce. It is charged with maintaining all standards for commercial use in the United States. This is the ultimate reference for conversions, units, constants, and time.
- IUPAC Web Site. The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry is the international governing body for chemical terminology. They maintain the names of elements, determine how compounds are named, and arbitrate all international dissagreements about how chemistry is communicated.
This page is maintained by
Scott Van Bramer
Department of Chemistry
Chester, PA 19013
Please send any comments, corrections, or suggestions to
This page has been accessed
times since 5/30/97.
Last Updated Friday, August 23, 2013 1:53:12 PM