Collection of HTML handouts, discussions of spectroscopic data, spreadsheets, programs, and Mathcad documents for teaching
chemistry at Widener University. This material was developed for courses I teach at Widener University. Students typically access this information through their course web pages. The links below are an effort to organize it for other faculty. You are welcome to use this material for educational purposes. If you find it useful, please let me know.
- General Chemistry
Materials used for teaching Chemistry I and Chemistry II.
- Analytical Chemistry and Instrumental Analysis
Materials used for teaching Instrumental Analysis, Advanced Spectroscopy, and Environmental Analysis.
- Homework Problems and Problem Sets.
- Homework problems for general chemistry courses.
- Problem Sets for General Chemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Environmental Analysis and Advanced Spectroscopy.
- MathCad in Chemistry
Mathcad documents for teaching chemistry at Widener University and links to
other Mathcad documents and sources.
- Spectroscopic Concepts and Data.
- NMR at Widener University Information on NMR Software, NMR Data aquired for Advanced Spectroscopy,
outline of a talk given at the 1995 National Science Foundation NMR Summer Workshop at the University of Rhode Island, links to download software for teaching NMR, Mathcad documents to explain important concepts, links to Commercial NMR Software, and
NMR teaching resources on the Web.
- Statistics for Analytical Chemistry
An introduction to common statistical tools used for analytical chemistry and instrumental analysis courses. Includes terminology, descriptive statistics, comparison tests, q-test, linear regression, error propagation and several problem sets (solutions are available).
- The Periodic Table
Replica Files of the Periodic Table arranged in different formats. Includes the latest IUPAC masses and newest elements. You are welcome photocopy these and distribute to students.
- Molecular and Atomic Visualization
- Visualizing Atoms. Screen shots and animations of atomic orbitals.
- Visualizing Molecules
Lewis dot structures, Hyperchem images, and Protein Databank (*.ent)
files for molecules used to teach molecular structure in general chemistry.
- Chemical Inventory (Access Restricted)
- Key Policy for undergraduate students working in lab.